AM790 WNIS IS PROUD TO BE THE EXCLUSIVE HOME FOR VIRGINIA TECH'S HOKIES IN THE 757!
|Boston College||Sept 10||8:00pm||Home|
|West Virginia||Sept 22||7:30pm||Home|
|NC. State||Oct 27||7:30pm||Away|
|Georgia Tech||Nov 5||TBD||Home|
Virginia Tech Football Fun Facts
- AM790 WNIS has been airing Virginia Tech Football since 1988
- First season started in 1892
- With 25 consecutive bowl appearances, beginning in 1993, the Hokies currently have the longest bowl game streak in the country recognized by the NCAA.
- Lane Stadium is considered to be one of the loudest stadiums in the country, being voted number one in ESPN’s “Top 20 Scariest Places to Play”.
- Virginia Tech has had two players be picked as the first overall pick for the NFL draft. In 1985 Bruce Smith was picked first overall to the Buffalo Bills. In 2001 Michael Vick was picked first overall to the Atlanta Falcons.
- Metallica’s song, “Enter Sandman” has been used for the Hokie team entrance song since 2000.
- In the 1890s, a student named O.M. Stull, Class of 1896, won a $5 prize for coming up with a new spirit cheer, now known as “Old Hokie.” The original went: “Hoki, Hoki, Hoki, Hy. Techs, Techs, V.P.I. Sola-Rex, Sola-Rah. Polytechs – Vir-gin-ia. Rae, Ri, V.P.I.” Later, an “e” was added to “Hoki” to make “Hokie,” and “Team! Team! Team!” was attached to the end.
New Coach: Brent Pry
Virginia Tech President Tim Sands and Director of Athletics Whit Babcock announced on Tuesday that Brent Pry has accepted the Virginia Tech Football head coaching position. The Altoona, Pennsylvania, native joins the Hokies after serving the past eight seasons as defensive coordinator/linebackers coach at Penn State. Pry returns to Blacksburg after working as a defensive graduate assistant for the Hokies from 1995-97 under head coach Frank Beamer and defensive coordinator Bud Foster.